I’m not a gadget hoarder, and not even close to be considered a gadget collector. But recently, my old phone (iphone 5s) broke. Well, not entirely broken but you could say it needs repairs. Long story short: I contacted Apple Support and they told me my device was already out of warranty. (Duhh, I got it three years ago, so why did I even bother? Dont ask!) I normally don’t change phones often but using a broken old one isn’t my cup of tea either.
So, I recently got the new Apple iphone 7, along with a new plan with Verizon (yes, I changed carriers due to coverage issues at home) and it’s been a great experience so far. Below, I’ll be breaking down the pros and cons of this device:
- It hasn’t really changed very much (if you compare it to the recent iphone 6/6s) as far as the appearance is concerned.
- The normal head phone jack is no longer there. Instead, Apple has made it a point to utilize the use of wireless headphones and introducing the new lightning headphones / ear pods in the market.
- If you have availed the new Airpods (which apple has recently launched), the product is a little expensive and you would need to charge it every 5 hours.
- Stereo Speakers – it’s awesome btw
- Water and Dust resistant
- It now comes in 32GB, 128GB and 256GB memory, finally ditching the 16GB that was simply not fit for purpose.
- Longer battery life
- A10 Fusion chip w/ 64-bit four core CPU
- New camera is definitely better than the previous 6 and 6s, and possibly the best so far when it comes to optical lenses (wide angle and telephoto).
- New color selection of the Jet Black & Black (matte).
- New home button (I consider this a pro rather than a con as it makes the phone less prone to the usual home phone issues / damage.
In a nutshell, despite the same appearance as the previous models, if you’re planning on an upgrade or plainly wanting to replace an old mobile phone, the apple iphone 7 is certainly worth the purchase. A definite bang for your buck.